Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Every Town Has Its Problems

On my way in to town I came upon a field of bodies just as some folk were finishing off the last few of an undead uprising. I came to find out that this area is in recovery from a recent war with a powerful necromancer who left a few surprises in his retreat for unfortunate travelers to trigger. This of course did not dissuade me from my life long goal to see the land of Mirtivir which is renown for its diversity and in finding ways for all races and moralities to live together.

It was at this point I was joined on the road by Lightbringer, I doubt that's his real name, and a girl named Elden. However, it was not long before we were attacked on the road by a group of Drow probably on the run from their woman who unfortunately took us for an easy mark. With the help of those traveling with me we corrected them of this notion.

After arriving at the town I found an inn and secured a room for my stay while I explore the town. After settling in I went down for some dinner, ale, and to get some tips on places and things to see around here. To my surprise, Lightbringer and Elden were also here and Lightbringer was buying all the drinks for everyone all evening. He looks to be a real nice and generous fellow and he is also good in a fight. I am still unsure about the girl Elden. She is too quiet and somewhat suspicious and what kind of name is that for a lady.

Anyway, It looks like the first place I should see is Eventide's monastery and introduce myself to this Monk whom everyone claims is unbeatable in battle yet will only train those who take a vow of poverty. Which is certainly not for me.

When I mentioned I planned to go see the monk tomorrow morning both Lightbringer and Elden said they  had plans to head that way too and apparently around  here it is not wise to travel alone.